View Single Post

Old 10-23-2017, 09:25 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 1,043 Times in 369 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by len84pa View Post
I am a home owner in The Villages however just a part time resident. (6 months annually).

Almost every day when I'm not residing in The Villages I view the 3 Village Square web cams from my home in Pennsylvania.

From May through October the 3 squares are "empty"

The entertainment groups are performing for a very small group of people, sometimes as few as 5-10. What a waste of talent and money.

The entertainment budget would be better spent if the entertainment would "rotate" between squares during the "off" season.

This would give those residents wanting to hear good entertainment a chance to experience different Town Squares within The Villages.

I believe if this were put up for a vote in The Villages it would pass as long as we, The Villagers, can benefit from the savings.
As someone has already wisely pointed out, Villagers do not pay for the entertainment, the local merchants do. There are several ways to get information about various things.
Village Community Development Districts
The Villages - Florida's Friendliest Active Adult 55+ Retirement Community
TheVillages.net - Login - Email, tee-times, computer support - serving The Villages, Florida and the Tri-county area.