View Single Post

Old 10-23-2017, 04:10 PM
Veteran member
Default Carts

[QUOTE=Timothy;1465369]Have not yet invested in a golf cart but the time has come to do so. It seems most of the carts we see on the course are gas. We planned on getting an electric for charging convenience at home, noise, fumes, etc. But are rethinking our position on electric vs gas. I get that personal preference is key but I'd value any comparative input on this decision. Anyone transitioned from one to the other?

A comment.
Well, we did a lot of shopping. I am biased because years ago in college, I converted a gas engine from a truck to run on Propane and Natural gas. I measured the emissions and wow, how clean. So with gas, consider this. You take one pound, a pint of gas, and mix it with 14 pounds of air and then combust it, and then it goes out the exhaust,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, 15 pounds of stuff, some of it very poisonous. CO2 etc. ( 8 pints in a gallon). So, we bought an Electric EZ GO from AGC carts, they are in Wildwood, they used to be near the Bone-fish Grill. Quiet, clean and very dependable. My wife plays golf with a ladies group. When they ride in our cart, they are really impressed. So do the shopping and remember, there are some good reliable Cart shops that are NOT in the Villages. IF you want the noise and the odors and the gas to breathe, well, OK. Do you hold your breath in the tunnels where it takes awhile to clear the air? Sorry, yep we are biased, very.
Go Electric.
Twice a week, we charge it for about 2 hours. Be sure to get automatic battery watering, a sunbrella, 10 inch tires, minimum, Good quality seats, and be sure the dealer will come out to your house on warranty items, AGC does that. Be sure the dealer sets the governor at 20 MPH max. Also, do your shopping, take your time. You can rent one with J and J carts, not sure if they have electrics though. Please do not reply, gear heads. And, have heard that Toberlin and Merge and Par are good too.