Thread: ROCK MUSIC
View Single Post

Old 08-12-2008, 04:59 PM
Default Re: ROCK MUSIC

I've weighed in on this topic early on, but after reading some of this recent stuff I feel compelled to respond again. No one is saying that 50's & 60's music or the other genres played here should be disposed of, just let's add some music of recent vintage. I don't like to go to the squares that much any more because every group seems to have the same play list. It doesn't matter how good they are. The 'Sounds of Time' are now ripping off music from Scooter and the Karackter(sp?) Band does mostly disco which is right up there with cRAP, and I really don't need to hear the Macarena every night.

When I think of Rock n Roll I think of Clapton, Tom Petty, Aerosmith, Bon Jovi, GnR, Motley Crue, AC/DC, 80's hair bands, etc. in addition to all the pop groups previously mentioned. Good songs with kick ass guitar riffs, power ballads. How about some Blues, the absolute prime origin of ALL RnR. Bobby Tate did a blues and jazz gig at Katy Belles the other night I would have paid money to see.

The other day the local rag had an article about the changing age demographics here, that being we are much younger. Yet the music doesn't respond to that. I think we can all agree that the really older group tends towards Spanish Springs, so maybe keep what we currently have there and update/upgrade at Lake Sumter.