View Single Post

Old 11-01-2017, 09:01 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,317 Times in 871 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs. Robinson View Post
"McDonalds? Really?" What's that supposed to mean?
I said you can sit there as long as you want, etc., and mentioned nothing about their food.
That was in response to being able to sit, eat something and not be bothered about how long you sit there. Get it?

Most cities do not have diners; it's mostly a northeast thing.
So pray tell -- what is the difference in diners in Chicago or San Diego, since you brought it up???

I never had any expectation of what Darrell's food was going to be like, but went there thinking, "Ahhhh, a diner . . . ."
The truth of the matter is, regardless of what Darrell chooses to call his place, it is not a diner!

And by the way, I didn't offer judgement on anyone else's expectations.
Yeah, I agree. Never mind.
For me...McDonalds Breakfast is not a great, or even a good breakfast. It is adequate when you are in a hurry. I can sit and read all day at McDonalds but if I want a coffee refill I have to go get it so a comparison to DD on breakfast atmosphers isn't close.

There are diners now in most cities, maybe a chain in some but all based on the diner model we know in the nothwest. Aside from the more extensive menu in those diners the model was the same as Darrels or most others that use the name diner.

Now if you mean to be a diner it need to be made of stainless or aluminum on the outside, with windows or have that art deco look I agree that isn't DD. Aside from that it provides what Walter Scott started, basic and simple fast food fare.

Berks County Pennsylvania