View Single Post

Old 11-02-2017, 07:37 AM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs. Robinson View Post
Nowhere did I mention McDonald's as a place for breakfast. Read what I wrote again.
I cited McDonald's as a place to go where you can sit forever with a just a soda (as an example), reading, etc., and no one will bother you.
Incidentally, McDonald's now serves you and if you want more coffee, they will bring it to you.

Menus in "real" diners are far from what you get at Darrell's. Many of them are open 24 hours and they all serve breakfast. lunch and dinner; not so at Darrell's.

In addition, all diners do not have the stainless or aluminum exterior look. But what they do have is home cooking, incredible cakes, pies and other desserts, all of which are homemade, as are their soups and dinners.

Yes, Darrell's does offer simple fast food and that's about it.

Darrell's vs. a real diner? . . .
No comparison and locally, there are far better and nicer places to go for breakfast.

I accept your argument because your experience gives you credibility. Similarly, I would not argue with someone from Massachusetts telling me what a fluffernutter is or isn't. Now, y'all, don't try to tell me you ate Cajun food in Omaha, Chicago, Au Clair, Baltimore, or.....The Villages.

Last edited by Rapscallion St Croix; 11-02-2017 at 11:14 AM.