View Single Post

Old 11-13-2017, 04:19 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,368 Times in 2,396 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by coffeebean View Post
Gracie,
I see where you are coming from. However, I have always been more proactive about "things".

Re: hurricane debris removal; there was a small stretch of Odell Circle in the vicinity of the Odell Rec Center that was trashed with hurricane debris. Two of the storm drains were completely filled with debris, the drains were not visible at all. The entire stretch of Odell Circle from the Mallory Gate to the Hadley gate was pristine clean. That is the stretch of road I travel on all the time so I was able to see the road clean up.

I waited, and waited and waited for that small stretch (about 1/16 of a mile) to be tended to. I finally called The Villages about two weeks ago and asked who was responsible for cleaning the streets such as Odell Circle and I was told it was Sumter County. I then called Sumter County and informed them of the stretch of Odell Circle that was neglected, including the completely full storm drains. Within less than 48 hours, that stretch of Odell Circle was cleaned and is now pristine clean once again.

I think it might have been my phone call that alerted the county that this stretch of road was ignored.
Was yours ever picked up?