View Single Post

Old 08-15-2008, 07:54 PM
Founder
Default Re: Update on the train in my back yard in Chatham

[/quote In addition to the downturn in the economy, have you looked into how much money you would lose if you did sell your home? If, indeed you would lose a substantial amount of money because of the train you were not told about it would seem that you have a case to collect for damages as well as punitive damages for the deceitfulness of the real estate agengy. There are attorneys everywhere. I bet if you continue to look you would find a youn, hungry lawyer whow would work on a contingency and love to take on Goliath. How many neighbors hear the same train like you do?]
[/quote]

In answer to your question about the number of neighbors, I would guess it number is about 200. Most all of those that I have talked to tell me they were not informed of the train. At every block or house party we have, the subject comes up.

We checked into selling the house. A Villages agent came and did a valuation. She said that we would have to disclose the train. The sale figure she quoted to use was about $100,000 less than we paid to have it built. She also said that she thinks that if we did not disclose the train, that the buyer would have 3 years to come back after us.

You know, the biggest insult to this is that they charged us an extra $50,000 as a premium lot. $50,000 is nothing to them, but to us it was a significant part of our retirement savings.