View Single Post

Old 08-15-2008, 08:36 PM
Gold member
Default Re: Update on the train in my back yard in Chatham

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talk Host
[/quote In addition to the downturn in the economy, have you looked into how much money you would lose if you did sell your home? If, indeed you would lose a substantial amount of money because of the train you were not told about it would seem that you have a case to collect for damages as well as punitive damages for the deceitfulness of the real estate agengy. There are attorneys everywhere. I bet if you continue to look you would find a youn, hungry lawyer whow would work on a contingency and love to take on Goliath. How many neighbors hear the same train like you do?]

In answer to your question about the number of neighbors, I would guess it number is about 200. Most all of those that I have talked to tell me they were not informed of the train. At every block or house party we have, the subject comes up.

We checked into selling the house. A Villages agent came and did a valuation. She said that we would have to disclose the train. The sale figure she quoted to use was about $100,000 less than we paid to have it built. She also said that she thinks that if we did not disclose the train, that the buyer would have 3 years to come back after us.

You know, the biggest insult to this is that they charged us an extra $50,000 as a premium lot. $50,000 is nothing to them, but to us it was a significant part of our retirement savings.
This is a human interest story. I would also go to "the press", including TV networks... "Americas Friendliest Hometown" doesn't want publicity that shows how you've been treated. I might have missed this but was the agency who initially sold you the property The Villages real estate agency? This thread has over 90 responses... does that tell you something? Your video is compelling as is your story. If you have to disclose the info to a new buyer why didn't the train info have to be disclosed to you? There are some very unhappy people in America's friendliest hometown. Call the POA again... they are going thru a transition... I think the officers got burnt out on the siding issue, another embarassing mess. They will at least print your story.