View Single Post

Old 11-25-2017, 07:22 AM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guest
You reveal in one post the kind of media that you spend your time reading or watching and what is important to you.

In the age of Trump, journalism is vital, as it always has been and always will for our democracy.

There will always be people like you who are fascinated with the Kardashian stories but anyone interested in our democracy recognizes the importance of staying abreast of news, AND importantly in today's age the investigative journalism.

Without investigative journalism, Mike Flynn would still be the chief adviser to the White House, even though he cannot even pass a normal screening for a clearance and appears to be a traitor to his country.

Democracy needs journalism and we have good ones.

You and the Russian point of view about ridiculing reporting you do not care for because it is anti your point of view, and it protects our democracy.

The media does a great job, and I say that even though it is a crucial part of this administration and its followers, such as you, to demean the free press, ridicule it and try to shut down truth so the only message is the one you wish to get out there.
Our media does do a great job. Some reporters are much better than other though and they do make mistakes. Dan Rather frequently posts on my Facebook page as I follow him. He did make some egregious journalistic mistakes but in 2017 is digging into many issues.

Once in a while Fox News will even show that they have objective diggers for the facts. Megyn Kelly - Wikipedia I like how Megyn Kelly grilled Donald John Trump in some of the debates.

That is what a free press is supposed to do. Keep bringing the facts to light even if the President of the United States does not like them.

With all the birther movement crap over years laid by TRUMP, it is hard to see TRUMP as any kind of conduit to common sense and the facts.