View Single Post

Old 11-26-2017, 01:20 PM
Gold member
Default Re: Leds

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toymeister View Post
A question was posted from one guy who had a problem with lights. One guy has offered a solution.

Many people have opinions about lights, it seems, but one guy has a problem and one guy has actually who offered a solution is also the same guy had has his hands on them, and removed them. This weekend in fact. To take it a step further the same guy even measured the actual power consumption of the light fixtures.

I would spend less time on the keyboard and replace the lights with LEDs.
I've replaced all the bulbs in my home with LEDs. The good news is like most electronic devices the price is falling dramatically. The bad news-they claim a 20 year life.
After 3-4 years I have ten bulbs that have failed. The issue seems to be cooling. Also, you need to have dimmers designed for them or they will make noise. Also, if you like the fact that incandescent bulbs go warm-yellow orange-when you dim them the led bulbs stay the same color as they dim they just put out less light.

Is it worth the trouble????? I read somewhere the payback period in electricity is TEN YEARS. I doubt that counts the cost to replace dimmers or TEN bulbs having failed.