View Single Post

Old 11-26-2017, 09:43 PM
Platinum member
Thanked 2,345 Times in 733 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by suesiegel View Post
I've replaced all the bulbs in my home with LEDs. The good news is like most electronic devices the price is falling dramatically. The bad news-they claim a 20 year life.
After 3-4 years I have ten bulbs that have failed. The issue seems to be cooling. Also, you need to have dimmers designed for them or they will make noise. Also, if you like the fact that incandescent bulbs go warm-yellow orange-when you dim them the led bulbs stay the same color as they dim they just put out less light.

Is it worth the trouble????? I read somewhere the payback period in electricity is TEN YEARS. I doubt that counts the cost to replace dimmers or TEN bulbs having failed.
It is probably worth it to the guy who had the problem. It was worth it to me. I had a problem, I fixed it with a solution that will last longer than I will. It may also be a viable solution for others as well, but not all

In terms of cost pay back analysis most of us would not live in the manner we do if it was all about money, would we?