View Single Post

Old 11-27-2017, 04:57 PM
Sage
Thanked 13,709 Times in 5,240 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madelaine Amee View Post
No, not quite ................ If a home is priced according to the going rate in the neighborhood the house will sell when the right buyer comes along. Also, I may have a different perspective on this - We moved to TV from the Boston area. When we originally moved to the suburbs of Boston you could pick up a house for peanuts, but as the area became a high tech corridor from the suburbs to Boston and on to NY City, the price of homes skyrocketed. We moved just twice and both times we sold for above asking value and within a matter of days of the house going on the market. When I am carried feet first out of this one my son's can do what they want with it.

I have friends in California in a beautiful area just outside of San Francisco; they moved there about 35 yrs ago and paid in the low $20,000s for their home, he cannot afford to move now because his house is valued at $1.6M, and so are the other homes in the surrounding area. So, once again, what does it matter what the house sold for last time - its what it is valued at now not then?
Houses in The Villages are not skyrocketing in value and there are a lot of quick turnovers. If the seller just bought a house this year, it is extremely important to know how much they paid for it. They may be trying to flip the house and get the buyer to cover their real estate commission. The real estate commission is supposed to be paid by the seller, but some sellers seem to think that the buyer should pay that cost. As a buyer, I am not willing to do that. Also, many sellers bought their house in 2005 or 2006 when there was a real estate bubble. Be careful not to overpay for these properties because some people think they should recover for a bad timed purchase.