View Single Post

Old 11-27-2017, 06:18 PM
Platinum member
Thanked 2,950 Times in 829 Posts

Yes, I have never paid asking price because I don't think it is a good idea to buy a house in a seller's market where there are multiple offers.

So, you like to buy in "buyers markets" right? Markets are not monolithic. Within The Villages there are homes that are hot, and sell quickly for asking price or more. Other sit for months, on these you can offer less but as usual you get what you pay for. Homes that sell quickly are the same ones that appreciate more, and are easily sold in the future.

Agents price houses based on current comparables, but that analysis can include the house being sold if the seller has not lived in it for a long time

Time of ownership has nothing to do with current value or price.

but when a seller needs to sell for any reason, they are more likely to accept a lower offer. That is just the way the market works, and knowledge is power.

LOL. Sellers always sell for a reason, they want the money! A very large percentage of homes in The Villages are bought with cash, so I would say there are not many who are desperate to sell, unless their home has been sitting for a long time, in which case it's probably not a desirable property and a lowball offer may work.

And, yes, when you are a seller, you try to get a high price, and when you are a buyer, you try to get a low price. This thread is about using the Sumter County public information to buy a house, not to sell one

Buying and selling are two parts of the same equation. I am just responding to your posts. I rest my case for now.