View Single Post

Old 11-28-2017, 06:55 PM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guest
One can infer from your opening declaration you make that your position on this matter that yours is the only well thought out response and hence the only correct answer

I posted earlier and let me repeat the mandate is a tax penalty, primarily on the poor and those without employment and that fact was adjudicated by the Supreme Court.

As an example more than 34,000 families in Maine paid $15 million to the government for the high privilege of not buying Obamacare. Repeal would essentially be a tax relief for low income families

By the way CBO has a lousy record of prediction because Obamacare enrollment is 60% below its estimate and one indicator that Obamacare is in need of reform.

Actually Obama and Company intentionally design the ACA to fail so they could come back with a single payer plan ( another thread for another time). Essentially killing the individual mandate can serve the cause for both tax and healthcare reform

I wish politicians from both parties would stop the fear-mongering politicking. And, let's give get the rich a rest. The rich will always be rich and noting Washington does is going to change that. Further getting the rich doesn't put a penny more in your pocket.

Personal Best Regards:
I’m very familiar with Maine and know for a fact unharnessed healthcare costs have contributed greatly to loss of manufacturing, although it was not the only cause. The 15 million you quote amounts to squat when you consider what the cost of healthcare has done to the state. Say what you want but ACA did nothing to increase healthcare cost but shifted costs around and made healthcare available to more people. I made have missed it but what is your suggestion to address healthcare’s spiraling cost besides “let them eat cake”.