View Single Post

Old 11-30-2017, 11:31 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,954 Times in 1,160 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubicon View Post
come back. What are you saying? MVP does not belong to Silver Sneakers. so how can they offer UHC free membership? If true this creates serious suspicion
Some UHC Medical Advantage Plans Covers MVP Membership Fees

There's been a table set up in the lobby of the Brownwood MVP for about a month with a United Health Rep. The information I was given from them was as of January 1st Silver Slippers is no longer and is being replaced by the Optum program, which will include free membership to MVP. I was told after Jan 1st to call the number on the back of my card and ask to be placed in the Optum Program. Check out the link, it's been discussed for a few weeks.

As far as MVP, I've been going to Brownwood location since May 2014 and I never noticed space saving. What I did notice for example, I took 'Group Power' M-W-F for about 3 years and I would always set up in the same spot. Come snowbird season other people would be there, I would just go set up somewhere different, no big deal. Got to meet more people that way.

My wife takes Zumba 3 days a week and she hasn't mentioned anything about problems. What she has mentioned was the horror stories from new people who tried exercising at the Rec Centers. In many cases you had to be at the center an hour before class and get a ticket. Then come back at class time and you could be in the class. She's told me many other stories, most are far worse than anything I heard about at MVP. I guess when it's free, people feel entitled to claim some sort of senority.