View Single Post

Old 11-30-2017, 02:05 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,314 Times in 825 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gene Babb View Post
Last night, at the tree lighting ceremony, my wife and I arrived at 4 with our own chairs. We ended setting up about 8 rows back where the line dancers dance. Good view, that why we arrived early.

Throughout the evening people were coming late, standing between chairs completely blocking our view and those behind us. The staff was continually trying to remove all those that came late from standing in the aisle completely blocking all views. Then the late comers that tried to put their chairs in the aisle or expand the sitting area into the dance floor. This was followed by friends of those who came early came over proceeded to spend the rest of the evening standing with their friends completely blocking the views. Then all was lost towards the end of the lighting ceremony and even standing the late comers completely blocked all.

Doesn't anyone care enough to honor those sitting and respect theirs views?

Please some consideration!!!
With growth comes change and not always for the good. My first tree lighting ceremony was 2005 Spanish Springs. First you would go to Church On The Square for The Holiday Countdown. Top shelf entertainment every night of the week during December. Admission was a canned good donation for the local soup kitchens. Hit the square before 7 pm. Most of us knew each other by first names in those days. No announcements about seat saving, your grandchildren or outside beverages. No fighting, no problem seeing, plenty of tables set up in the street, candles and candy canes, plenty of caroling. Always stilt walkers and other forms of entertainment. After the ceremony a stop at Katie Belles for more singing, dancing, and a night cap. If I recall right a mixed drink (double) in the shacks was less than $3 during happy hour which was still 5-7 pm in Spanish Springs even back then. I don't go anymore for the very reasons you observed - oh well that's progress.

Last edited by rustyp; 11-30-2017 at 02:48 PM.