View Single Post

Old 12-03-2017, 09:33 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs. Robinson View Post
Local Realtors "resent" not being able to sell new homes here for two reasons:

1. It is against the industry standard when an office (TV, in this case) will not cooperate with all brokers.
2. This is how Realtors make a living. No one being shut out of doing their job would like a situation such as this, as TV does to all outside brokers.

TV is hardly the size of the "naked city" and Realtors are not "disgruntled."
They are however, bothered by the fact that sellers are not being given the service they deserve because TV will not cooperate with them, allowing them to show and sell their listings.
Sellers in TV are not receiving the full service they deserve

The Villages does not have a "huge list of people waiting to buy."
They have a list of interested potential buyers.

The Pew information you cite is 7-year old information (2011).
I didn't read it but it has to be obsolete and partially out of date going by today's standards.
Some of the baby boomers are already in their 70s and I don't think that in the 14 years you mention, they will be buying here because at that point, they would already be 80 something.
In 2011 the Pew Research said that there would be ten thousand baby boomers retire every day for the next 20 years.

This is 2017 so there will ten thousand baby boomers retire every day for the next 13 years. (It is almost the New year) The first to retire will be eighty as time goes on but the others will be younger...now you see. (Every day ten thousand more Boomers; today, tomorrow, and on and on)

Not all of them will come here. But I would if I were them looking to retire in a nice place where it didn't snow and there was a lot of golf and other nice Boomer and better folks.

Last edited by graciegirl; 12-03-2017 at 10:01 AM.