View Single Post

Old 12-03-2017, 04:32 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,278 Times in 807 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by rustyp View Post
"Those were the days". For some strange reason this touched my funny-bone. The Villages would stage a model home furnished by Southern Lifestyles and new buyers would run to them and replicate what they seen. During this period of time your friends would proudly invite you over to see their new house. There wasn't as many models as today thus many looked alike and everyone had the same furniture. The biggie was the pastel flowery living room set and seaside collection accessories.
Today's equivalent is gold Yamaha golf carts (confession I have 2). Now you know why people put their names on them. I was at CVS one day and explaining to my wife why we need our name on the cart/s. She would have no part of it. She was explaining to me I shouldn't publish who I am just in case one of those rare moments occur where I slightly step out of line. Right then a gold Yamaha golf cart pulls next to us with a surfboard mounted to the roof. I smiled and pointed what about one of them ? I was told to go in the store and get my meds.