View Single Post

Old 12-05-2017, 09:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abby10 View Post
I often wondered if a floor plan such as a Gardenia, for example, would be best for the various issues that are being discussed here. Guest wing on the opposite side behind pocket door, and master suite somewhat bufffered by the dining room area being situated between the master bedroom and living room. Also the master bedroom has the extra little hallway so it doesn't open up directly into living area.

Anyone have a Gardenia that could verify that?
I also have a Gardenia. If the bedroom door is closed, I hear almost nothing when DH gets up early for golf.

The peeps across the street have their home on the market. They want a Begonia or Gardenia ~ Don't want a house with the bedroom in front, which they currently have.

For the OP, I'd suggest what others have mentioned: replacing the hollow-core door with a solid core door. Adding rugs if possible. Hanging a tapestry or fabric pictures to stop the sound from bouncing around. Soft surfaces to stop the sound from bouncing around.

We added pleated shades on our patio doors. Imagine a pleated shade turned sideways, so you draw both sides to the center. It helped a lot.