Thread: Car batteries?
View Single Post

Old 12-05-2017, 11:16 AM
Sage
Thanked 4,880 Times in 2,426 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donaz1 View Post
I just replaced an original battery for my Acura RDX. Only warning was several clicks on two previous starts. I should have taken it someplace for replacement at that time. On the third time, no start, and a call to the auto service who jumped the car. I had AutoZone replace the batter with their best Duralast. When the red cover was removed over the positive terminal it was totally corroded. AutoZone did the replacement and their was a lot of serious acid cleanup involved in the tray. My battery was about $140. The AGM batteries such as Optima was over $200. My problem was not replacing the battery at the 3 year point.
Corrosion at the battery terminals can cause low voltage, which may have been your problem? Did autozone load test the battery and test the charging system? I guess it failed load test why you got new one? Did they say anything about charging system?

Usually batteries will last 5 years or more. IMO I would of had the charging system check if the didn't do it? If If it's over charging it will cause the problems you described above, corrosion, battery failure, and excessive acid boil overs (which probably cause the battery to fail hold charge due to low water).