View Single Post

Old 12-06-2017, 03:08 PM
Veteran member
Location: MI, LA, IN, IL, MI (2), MA, NC, CA (2)A, FL, VA, RI, NH, OR (2), FL (2), WI (2), MN

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nucky View Post
I'm almost certain that all dogs are to be on a leash when they are outside. It makes sense because not everyone loves dogs the way we do. I read about this on this Forum as it being the law. I did no further investigation I accepted it because it sounded correct. Was you dog on a leash?

I was a chronic bad boy in regard to the rule. I love rules but I knew my dog would obey any command given him by my wife or me. I risked my dog biting someone and financially ruining us. What your situation boils down to as I understand it at this point, if he was off the leash you have no beef, if he was under control of a leash or dog run then these kicking humans suck. Either way I feel bad for the dog and I'm sure he doesn't have a sign around his neck that says "Our dog is very gentle, does not bark and loves both dogs and humans." People have their rights and so do animal's and every story has three sides. Here's to hoping things go smoothly from here on out. I wish the best for you and your pup.
I think Judge Judy would have viewed this differently. I think she would have ruled that as long as the dog was on its own property, with or without leash, and the guy trespassed on its property, the guy would have been at fault. Further the dog was not even barking and was probably just sitting there, thus giving no cause for the guy to feel threatened.