View Single Post

Old 12-10-2017, 06:34 AM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guest
When we were in Russia in the mid 80's the biggest complaint of the military was they needed 4 tanks to be able to have one that runs.

Now fast forward. After 8 years of military spending cut backs and emasculation we are now in that same boat.

The number one super power on the planet cannibalizing war machines to get one to work.

For those who think the increased spending in the military is not needed:

US Air Force bombers needed to send message to North Korea come up short | Fox News

(Don't let the source of Fox news in the link title distract you....get to the message which is what the thread is about!!)

Military (Air Force and I sure all branches) has been cannibalizes parts to keep equipment serviceable for at least 60 years. One of my division commanders had slogan "do more with less". (This has been the mentality since the 80s.

I could not build one jet engine without cannibalizes parts from another, IMO it was its absolute worse under Jimmy carter after the Vietnam war, even had to remove engines from one aircraft to get another off the ground due to no spare parts in the pipe line or even consumable 3 cent parts (o-rings or gaskets) IMO his total lack of funding the military reason his military missions in Iran was total failure.

It's not your military men in the field, it management and career carpetbagger's we keep electing and the neptunium hiring and promotion practices that gets us where we are today. I don't have good feeling about the slippery slope we seem to not be able to get grip on.