Thread: 55+ ??????
View Single Post

Old 12-14-2017, 09:51 AM
Sage
Location: Summer at the Jersey Shore, Fall in New England [Maine], Winter in TV!

You can find lotsa facts re 55+ communities at this website:
Housing for Older Persons Directory / Resources / Home - Florida Commission on Human Relations

The short answer is:
Federal Register 24 CFR Part 100; section 760.24-760.37 (4a), Florida Statutes
For a community to be considered "housing for older persons" as a 55+ community, the housing must be intended and operated for occupancy by persons 55 years of age or older and meet the following requirements:
1. At least 80% of the occupied units are occupied by at least one person 55 years of age or older.
2. The facility or community publishes and adheres to policies and procedures that demonstrate its intent to in fact be a provider of housing for older persons.
3. The facility or community complies with rules established by the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) for verification of occupancy.

Anyone living in the Villages under age 19 should have been granted a special permission usually due to their special needs.