Thread: 55+ ??????
View Single Post

Old 12-15-2017, 03:47 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,154 Times in 770 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by elshackovillages View Post
Just a question. I have seen over the last 3 months, police records from all 3 counties, of arrests of Village residents. How is it that, of the 60 or so people arrested, all but a few were under 55, and, some under 19. How could all these underage people be living in the Villages. The police reports say "resident of the Villages", not visitor.
Here we go again. The "rule" is that 80% of the homes must be occupied by at least one person under that age of 55.

That leaves a lot of room for people under age 55 to live here.

It's also illegal for anyone under the age of 19 to live here so that question is a bit more puzzling.

We do have three or four "family" villages that have no age restrictions. I'm guessing that the people who live in those might also be considered Villages residents.
The Beatlemaniacs of The Villages meet every Friday 10:00am at the O'Dell Recreation Center.

"I never considered a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, in philosophy, as cause for withdrawing from a friend." - Thomas Jefferson to William Hamilton, April 22, 1800.