View Single Post

Old 12-19-2017, 10:17 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radioman41 View Post
I checked the $19.99 Comcast deal. After the first year it goes to $49.99 pule taxes.
There are a lot of deals like that one. Set the hook and keep them on the line. I'm surprised CenturyLink has the promotion and vows to keep it there. You have to read the fine print however. Your account must be kept in good standing and no changes. So what does that mean? Mine is on auto-pay so it should never have a problem. My previous ISP had a data cap. Data cap on a cable line, what was up with that? I tried to tell them this was nonsense but they would never listen. So bye bye they went. No more of my money. I will say however they have an excellent service department. Also their cost was WAY out of line. I don't have a problem with data caps but theirs was just ridiculous for a cable company. Centurylink says there is no data cap but start downloading at 25 Mbps for 24 hours a day, every day and see what happens. You'll see a data cap or get a phone call. Most of these contracts say speed is not guaranteed. Just a legal way to reduce the speed should they believe your out of line. Spectrum is another ISP who claims no data cap. Comcast settled for 1 TB of data as their cap limit per month. If you use that much data you should get back to real life and stop playing Call to Duty 24 hours a day..... The other thing that is a money maker for the ISP's is the charge for the Modem. Buy your own for $70 to $100. That $5 per month fee you pay is buying a new one for them every year. In 20 years I've had one modem failure. I saw some comments about CenturyLink service. Get used to it, they are all headed toward using the same service model. Service requests will be done using the internet. Problem is the reason I need service is the Internet is not working. Hows that working for you???? Wait till you see how things get done when the Millennia s are totally in charge..... Its going to get interesting.....