View Single Post

Old 12-21-2017, 07:53 AM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by doughete View Post
Main street media is reporting 83% of the tax cuts go to the top 1%. Fake news. But I'm not worried my income puts me in the top 4%. I feel confident the changes will give me more money. Your not in this income level and you voted for Trump. I want to give you a big thank you even though I will never vote for him.
Well lady you certainly have thrown some numbers out there, and made a few assumptions along the way...

If 83% of the tax cuts go to the top 1%, how is the rest (17%) of the tax cuts appropriated? Please let us know how much the top 2% get, the top 3%, the top 4%, and down.

As to your being a top 4% earner; that is a large portion of people in this country (roughly 20% of the population), you would only need an income in the 230k range. I feel fairly confident in saying; there are plenty of top 4% earner in The Villages (south of 441/27...). I am also confident that there are plenty of others here that have higher than top 4% income. Not sure if that is something you consider as a big accomplishment, but you might wish to keep it to yourself (sort of like the 60 year old bragging he is a millionaire...really, 1 million, that's it?).

What is puzzling is your post infers you are a Democrat. Those people are generally liberal in views of supporting the needy, and yet instead of clamoring you will be able to donate more money to charity - your boasting about "give me more money". This sort of infers you want other people to support those in need with THEIR money, and you want to keep YOUR money.

I voted for Trump and I am looking forward to the tax cut. I will be happy to keep more of the money I earn...but I do not want others to be forced to support the needy in this country either. I see welfare, SSD, and the rest of entitlement programs as a failure to the recipients...we have 3 generations of families that have never had a job that are living in public welfare...those programs don't help people, they just hold them back in life.

You say you did not vote for Trump. If you were able to take a break from counting all YOUR money and made it to the voting polls, who did you vote for?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk