View Single Post

Old 12-23-2017, 09:26 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toymeister View Post
Just looked into into Evolve more, no set up fee, 10% management fee and 2.25% credit card fee on all transactions. It might be an option. At 12.25% vs. 17 to 20% for a local firm "hands off" operation.

Maybe it is for you but bottom line it is 12.25%. For that price you are getting marketing. Maybe good marketing but that is mainly what it is.
Yes it is good marketing and results in increased bookings and income. The 10% Fee is fine with me considering the increased number of rentals I Receive being on the various web sites. It is after all the bottom line that counts, not trying to cut costs. In addition to the nationwide marketing, EVOLVE also deals with the renters, collects payment via credit card and rental income is sent directly to my bank account. I have a cleaning company that also handles check ins so basically I do nothing. Local management companies on Hilton Head charge anywhere from 20-35% and do not reach the Nationwide audience EVOLVE does. I get bookings from as far away as Colorado. If you want something for ( almost) nothing, you can always do it yourself and sign up with HOMEAWAY yourself and pay the set up fee of about $400.00 but I tried that and do not want to deal directly with travelers. As noted in this thread, there is no easy way to be in this type of business and if you are going to worry about minor pilferage or damage, you should choose another business.

Last edited by villagerjack; 12-24-2017 at 10:02 AM.