View Single Post

Old 12-27-2017, 09:02 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by spring_chicken View Post
I'm baffled as to why people want to spend so much money on something that MIGHT get used once every 5 years or so. Add to that, when you need to use it, you won't be able to get gas to keep it going 24/7 for a few days.
I've been here for 5 years and 3 hurricanes and never lost power. I'd hate to think I'd have wasted that much money and precious storage space over something that really isn't needed. Especially when friends and neighbors are always willing to step up when you lose power and they don't.

It may be a waste of money for you, but there are plenty of others who would disagree. People with medical issues are a good example. Some can’t tolerate the heat and need A/C, others need them for electrical devices that keep them alive. I’m sure there are plenty of folks in the historic section that wish they had generators during Irma.

And you are assuming they run on gasoline. Mine runs off a very large propane tank buried under ground; others run on natural gas.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro