View Single Post

Old 12-27-2017, 05:09 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,954 Times in 1,160 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthOfTheBorder View Post
It's a privately owned business. Probably required by their insurance coverage. That part aside, this complaint seems like much ado about nothing.

Let me buy you one while you relax and smell the roses.

Don
I play Belle Glade quite a few times, and I was trying to think of privately owned property and the only area I know of is that on Calusa nine down south there is a hole that parallels Pennbroke Fairways.

In this situation the OP is referring to Seminole nine, and as far as I can remember it is surrounded completely by Villages property unless either the powerlines are on private property or the sand pit is not owned by TV.

I took a screen shot of the 6th hole on Seminole nine and the 6th is the short Par 4 up the hill with bunkers and water on the right. So I'm guessing the sign is somehwere up near the top of the hill? It is warning those not to go into the sand pit area which is over the hill behind the line of trees. That seems like any sign up there would be awfully hard to see down by the homes unless it was a billboard.

Maybe the OP should take a photo from his vantage point and make a complaint at The Villages main office. If that sand pit is not owned by TV, then I don't know what recourse can be taken.

Here's a link to view the hole from google maps. It the hole near the bottom below the sand pit with 8 bunkers and a pond on the right and one bunker on the left. The green is right below the property line of the sand pit.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/j5c2Y7jRzYrjlfoV2