View Single Post

Old 08-21-2008, 10:41 AM
Gold member
Default Re: Rumor: Anyone heard of a new hospital being built in Wildwood?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hancle704
I heard that several years ago when they were looking to finance TV hospital expansion through the creation of a hospital taxing district that would only tax residents in the Sumter County portion of TV. We were also told that they had another hopital planned in the SW portion of the future Villages to accommodate the growth. After the tax referendum was defeated and they told us that there was no way to expand TVRH without it, a deal was worked out with LRMC and suddenly there was money to finance the expansion without the tax.

I believe that the expansion of TVRH will not handle the anticipated growth of the tri-county area and a new hospital in the Wildwood area of TV will be a reality in a few years. There will always be an increasing need for more Emergency Departments at all area hospitals, but I think there will start to be some special services at some but not all hospitals.
What is the daily percent occupancy of TV hospital now??? Are there any unopened shelled out wings in TV hospital?