View Single Post

Old 01-06-2018, 09:58 AM

I am not pushing this product but am providing this info to broaden the discussion. Were given a Guardian 911 Alert Plus. It is a dedicated 911 dialing alert button. Researching it on Amazon provided the following review:
"I am a 911 operator! This device in theory is great, however, IF a caller is unable to speak there is no address location given, no call back number available and no registered owner information available. I had a customer of this product call me today. I explained she needed to get her money back! Utilize a home landline phone, cell phone, or a service who is able to give 911 the address if the caller is incapacitated. PLEASE PLEASE do not purchase these for your loved ones in hopes that 911 will respond. My caller was showing over 3 blocks away from her address with the GPS location. The telephone number shows as a 911 area code making it impossible for us (911 dispatchers) to call back. A cell carrier can at least give us carrier information in the event of an emergency. This product is not a life saver!"