View Single Post

Old 01-09-2018, 09:35 AM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guest
Am I reading that correct, did he move back in with you and he has a job?

IF So, why doesn't your adult son have to pack up and move out?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk
So that's where it gets complicated and there are various reasons. His move happened very recently. One is that as soon as he got the job transfer and relocated, he recognized that the position may not be long lasting and he might be moving again, sooner rather than later. We are waiting too, to see if he does end up staying as it could facilitate our being able to retire and move to our TV home a lot sooner. We have been unable to sell our house up here for the past 4 years - not that it's not salable from the standpoint of being desirable, but to make a long story short let's just say the EPA standards have gotten ridiculous over the last 5+ years and our township is being a PIA. So essentially, as my husband says, we are prisoners in our own house until something gives. NOW, if my son ends up staying here, the cost to carry this house and stay in it is about 30% less than what he would pay for a studio apartment near where he works. He is not looking to buy right now (and would not want this big house anyway) because he has his money tied up in the rental market elsewhere. When he left, he moved to a very up and coming area that has a very low cost of living. While there he bought multiple properties and now has them all on the rental market, so essentially he was working 2 full-time jobs out there building a financial future for himself. So now here we all are, biding time to see what the next best move is for all of us.

Sorry for the long story, but you asked.