View Single Post

Old 01-20-2018, 07:12 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,310 Times in 824 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hopeful2 View Post
I am glad that those who have commented on my above post have never experienced a problem with The Villages Health Care. As previously stated, I posted my experience so that others may know what they might be facing. It never ceases to amaze me how fast others on this forum are, to discredit the accuracy of someone else's experience.

In clarification:
1. Yes, The Villages Health does accept Blue Cross/Blue Shield insurance for those who are under age 65.
2. I am under age 65 (although I wasn't born yesterday).
3. Yes, I very well know the difference between The Villages Health Care system vs other Villages medical facilities and doctors.
4. I was indeed told that there was a 7 month wait to reschedule my check-up appointment with my primary care doctor.
5. No, there was no way that my doctor was pregnant.
6. No, my doctor was not on or about to take a leave of absence. (I inquired.)
7. The excuse given for the 7 month wait was, "Your doctor has a lot of patients."
8. I then contacted the center supervisor. I was told, "We have a lot of snowbirds this time of year and also, everyone is coming in now with the flu."

I have no doubt that many people have had positive experiences in dealing with the Villages Health Care. Unfortunately, I have not.

What health center do you belong to ? Who is the the doctor that can't see you for 7 months ? Who is the center's supervisor you spoke to ? Publish the facts here and quite possibly an opening may appear due to a cancellation.