View Single Post

Old 01-20-2018, 06:19 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 2,663 Times in 941 Posts

I am one of those that will NOT pass in front of a car even when they wave me through. Here is why:

The golf cart approaching the intersection has a stop sign. The car does not. If I cross in front of the car, I am doing so even though I do not have the right of way. If the car driver's foot slips off the break and onto the gas, I am at fault because I should not have been there.

Look at it this way. You are in your car sitting at a stop sign waiting for an approaching car to cross through in front of you. But, as it reaches the intersection, it stops and the driver indicates that you should cross in front of him. What would you do?

I find that if cars will just keep moving through the gate, I do not need to wait long to cross. But those who stop to wave carts through cause other cars to back up behind them. Then the carts start to back up ...

Here is another thing. Does stopping and waving them through really save the cart any more time than if you had kept moving and it passed behind you?

Being nice. Being polite. Maybe. But I think it is less safe. Following the rules of the road means everything works best and safest.