View Single Post

Old 01-20-2018, 08:20 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,168 Times in 1,929 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoodLife View Post
Was I wrong for stopping and allowing the golf cart to proceed? Am I under the wrong impression that the gates are for traffic control and to allow the golf carts to cross at the gate entrances and exits?

Nope, you are wrong for caravanning through the gate. The gates are indeed designed to control traffic and allow carts and cars to interact peacefully. By caravanning though, you negate the design. The cart drivers are waiting to cross when they see gate close, when you caravan through all you do is confuse and scare them, doesn't matter that you "wave them through"
I think you didn't quite get what I said. I do not caravan when there is a cart waiting. I let the gate go down. But I'm finding out now that I am wrong by waving a cart driver through. I won't do that anymore.

Driving through the gate in a caravan works very well when there is no cart traffic waiting. It moves the traffic so much faster. Some of those gates take what seems like an eternity to close. I think some of them need to be adjusted to come down more quickly.