View Single Post

Old 01-20-2018, 08:36 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by coffeebean View Post
I have always been told the gates in this community aren't for security. The gates are for traffic control and to give the golf carts the opportunity to cross at the entrance/exit gates. OK, I agree with this.

I am one of those drivers who goes through the gate before it comes down. When the gate is delayed in coming down, there is no problem following the car before me. I will do this only if there is no golf cart waiting to pass through. I'm aware many believe this is wrong but I'm going to continue to be a part of a caravan when the gate is up (and no cart is waiting). It saves time and keeps the traffic moving.

Now my concern...... This morning as I was exiting the Mallory gate, two cars went through the gate and the second driver went through before the gate came down. I, who usually would follow in this caravan, did not. Why?.....because there was a fellow in a golf cart waiting to cross. I stopped and let the gate come down. Then I continued to wait to allow the guy in the golf cart to proceed. He didn't. He then waved at me to tell me to go. He yelled to me, "what are you doing"? I motioned to him to proceed. He still would not go. So.....I proceeded to go through the gate. As I drove through the gate, the golf cart guy yelled at me, "IDIOT!!!"

Was I wrong for stopping and allowing the golf cart to proceed? Am I under the wrong impression that the gates are for traffic control and to allow the golf carts to cross at the gate entrances and exits?