View Single Post

Old 01-22-2018, 04:53 PM
Platinum member
Location: born Urbana,Il lived in Urbana Ohio for 65 years a house in Lake Deaton

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lindaketchup View Post
Including you! Please read the Sumter County pamphlet linked on the very first post. In the section that instructs how to make a left hand turn, "3. When you have passed the last exit before the one you want, use your right-turn signal and continue to use it through your exit. Do not change lanes."

Just because the line is broken, DOES NOT mean that you can change lanes within the roudabout.

Edited to add:

I agree with some of the other posters, the gate that says "Visitors" should say "Visitors AND Residents" I think that is why so many people change lanes within the roundabout.
Sorry, you are wrong. There is no broken line or any line so that you can merge into the outer/right lane while making the turn in this roundabout. How else can you be in the clearly marked right lane? Now, the right or outer lane does have a solid white mark to not allow a left turn from that lane. The rule about changing lanes is not hard and fast as it was explained to me at a Welcome Wednesday meeting. Does this lead to some confusion, I believe it does. Sumter County will not change the markings.

Please look at the markings in this roundabout!
Attached Thumbnails
The Villages Florida: Click image for larger version

Name:	Mine -do not like2.jpg
Views:	425
Size:	78.2 KB
ID:	73686   The Villages Florida: Click image for larger version

Name:	Mine -do not like.jpg
Views:	711
Size:	77.6 KB
ID:	73687  

Last edited by twoplanekid; 01-22-2018 at 05:04 PM.