View Single Post

Old 02-10-2018, 10:18 AM
Sage
Thanked 4,922 Times in 2,448 Posts

With 100% disabled, tax breaks, and tricare IMO you probably won't need no supplement insurance, unless both of you don't plan on working or take job with no health care options. VA clinic is located in north side of the villages off CR 42 close to 27/441. Would be hike in golf cart if you buy far south (12 to 13 miles).

As years go by the VA clinic will be overwhelmed IMO. IMO the VA would be my last resort. But that's me. I worked and additional 20 years and used tricare as secondary insurance. After retiring again I used tricare and my wife and I has never had problem with tricare. Had some problem with certain health care providers not filing correctly, but tricare basic was fine. I think prime is not available in this area? Now I'm over 65 on tricare for life, my wife not 65 yet and she's on tricare select. She never had problem either, but we alway go to doctor in network provider.

Thanks for your service and hope the retirement re leaves some of the difficult times spent in the military especially if you were enlisted? You can now reap your reward for your sacrifice. Good luck.