Thread: Car batteries?
View Single Post

Old 02-13-2018, 11:29 AM
Gold member
Default Re;walmart batteries

Quote:
Originally Posted by village dreamer View Post
what are you trying to do ??? for me I keep my cars about 10 years, so that means I have to replace my battery one time . a flooded type Walmart battery is fine for me about $100, how much for other types and how long of a service life do you want .
We bought a Wallmart battery two months ago. According to my reading on the internet it is suggested you buy the slightly more expensive line as it is made by a different manufacturer. Interesting to me they sell different batteries in our HOT climate compared to colder climates.

In any case, they install for free. You can get a Wallmart credit card and it knocks $25 off your first purchase. The total bill was with tax about $100.

Today, the battery powers all the wizbangs in your car. Some have mentioned putting it in yourself. You can of course do that. They supply power to your cars computer systems at all times. If, you do it yourself, you will need to reset the computers. On some cars you need to do stuff like turn the key on and off 3-4x while standing on your head and running around the car. FREE is far easier. Also,
today getting rid of a used battery PROPERLY, is likely a major production-acid, lead etc.