View Single Post

Old 02-15-2018, 09:06 AM
Platinum member
Thanked 2,470 Times in 611 Posts
Default FL school shooting - NON-POLITICAL

here we go, yet again. We live in a large free country with many diverse people, and some have serious mental or social issues. As is the case in this latest one.

I am a true Independent and believe in different sides of all issues facing us in the USA. But the gun issue is one that I have steadily moved to the "Something has GOT to be done" side. Seems as if the Gun Control laws in many areas such as Chicago do not work. Perhaps it's enforcement matter or simply the Black Market or purchasing elsewhere and bringing them into the 'war zone'.

What truly saddens me is the easy availability of semi-automatic weapons and mass lethal ammo. How these weapons can be obtained at gun shows etc without checks or such is maddening. No idea where this perp got his weapons - or how he afforded them. But he did and apparently many knew he had them.

Then we come to the Social ills. Mental issues. Little family structure. The violent video games. And more..

Apparently this young man has had multiple run-ins, friends knew of his issues, social media postings and such.

We can protect our schools and buildings just so much. If they want to get in they will. And now - the fire alarm matter - what to do now...how to have students obey an alarm or not??? How can students concentrate on classes?

Sad for our country and the people that were impacted by this and other events. But one thing for sure this will be a big topic for weeks....then a memory....then another. repeat - UNTIL SOME PEOPLE CAN MAKE REAL CHANGES THAT HAVE SOME IMPACT.