View Single Post

Old 02-17-2018, 09:18 PM
Veteran member
Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by retiredguy123 View Post
In my opinion, this issue is really not about how much education you get. When someone decides to became a medical doctor, they are dedicating their life to a profession of healing people and to constantly learn and strive to be the best they can be. Their profession becomes their identity. It is not just a job. Maybe I am wrong, but I just don't believe that nurse practitioners or physician assistants have the same lifelong dedication as medical doctors. I would rather be treated by a medical doctor.
I agree with you somewhat.

Anyone who gets a degree from a university is pretty much dedicating their working career to the profession in which they received their degree.

Regarding the medical field, I believe that most doctors enter into that profession because of the money they can make in their practice.
I'm not speaking about doctors who are doing research, etc., Yes -- THOSE doctors are dedicated!
Regular medical doctors? Sorry, but not so much and they are few and far between.
To most of them, while they endeavor to do the right thing, it is just a job!

I also believe that physicians' assistants and nurse practitioners are as dedicated as most doctors.
Most of them are women. Could that be the reason you don't think they are as dedicated?