Thread: Medical
View Single Post

Old 02-19-2018, 11:21 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxsan View Post
Can someone give a brief description of the medical facilities at the villages? I know there is a hospital and don’t want a review of that. I just want to know about the availability of family practices and walk in / urgent care centers.
Are you asking about all the primary care doctors in the area are those specifically in the Villages Health?

I can speak to Villages Health. My wife and I have been using it since we moved here, about 4 years ago.

We feel it is the best health care we've had and more than matches the care we received in Massachusetts before we moved here.

My wife has had serious health issues and we feel the care she received from Villages Health is the reason she survived her problems and is doing so well now.

Appointments are almost always on time and there is never a rush to finish the appointment.

We feel our personal doctor there is very competent as are the other ones we've met at Villages Health.

You can almost always get an appointment the same day, worse case next day. So at least during their office hours Villages Health handles urgent care too... both my wife and I have made use of Villages Health for urgent care many times.

But choosing a primary care physician involves a lot a choices so what works well for us might not be the best choice for you. In any case there are lots of really good choices in The Villages area.