View Single Post

Old 02-21-2018, 09:11 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Default Ohiobuckeye

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polar Bear View Post
We are in absolute agreement.

A dog running loose on other folks property, or even barking incessantly no matter where they are, is terrible and gives all dog owners bad reps. I only quoted the code because a few folks believe a dog must be on a leash whenever outside, even on the owners' property.

And while I think the code is reasonable, I do think it could have been worded better. The phrase "...under direct control or on a leash when off the owner's property..." could be interpreted that it is legal to have a dog off a leash when not on the owners's property if under direct control. I do not believe that is the intent or that it should be. In my opinion, when a dog is off the owners' property, it should be leashed, unless of course it's in a dog park.

Like Mleeja, our dog is either in our yard or on a leash. While in our yard, our dog is directly supervised 100% of the time and is not on a leash. When off our property, our dog is on a leash.
Well I can't argue with the pet owners because like I said I haven't had a dog for probably 20 yrs. now. Sure would like to have one but I want to be fair to my pet & spend a lot of time with them. When I see people out walking their dogs I always think, "Well their dog is taking the master out for a walk", I don't say that to be mean. I actually think how nice it is that these people love their dogs so much that they are willing to spend a lot of time with them. I do see one gentleman walking his standard Poodle with no leash on & this dog is so disciplined that when the owner & dog walk by ANYBODY the owner will stop & that dog will come back & sit right next to his owner until whoever gets by them & without saying a word the owner will give give a hand signal & then the dog will start walking again. Thanks for your comment!