View Single Post

Old 02-22-2018, 10:33 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,922 Times in 783 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barefoot View Post
We've used Village Watchdogs for ten years, and we find them to be reliable and responsible.
We have a home up north, and we are therefore absent for extended periods of time.
Roger Hall - 352-430-3618
We did not have such a wonderful experience with them. They failed to restore appliances to working order or turn the water & water heater back on as promised. As a result my husband had to get up on a ladder to reconnect the microwave (not a good idea), and restore other things. They left the water softener unplugged, and the plug was hidden behind a number of items on a shelf in the garage, so we didn't notice it till every surface that water hits became spotted, necessitating a vigorous cleanup. Since the water had been turned off, I didn't even know they had turned the softener off. That was probably our bad, but still, it should have been turned back on.

They did not know how to use the Honeywell "smart" thermostat despite my leaving the manual out. I had to tell them to go in and turn it off to get it out of vacation mode so I could rework it from my cell phone.

There are two people at Home Watch, and the one who lives in our area took care of our house, so maybe you've had a better experience with them due to it being the other person taking care of your area.