Thread: car crashes
View Single Post

Old 03-03-2018, 07:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chatbrat View Post
There seems to be a rash of rather severe crashes in and around TV's as of late

Yesterday there was a rollover crash @ Colony Plaza
Yesterday I had a woman in a blue Lincoln run a stop sign directly in front of me, I locked the brakes and barely missed hitting her. She never slowed down, never looked, just went straight through talking with her passenger and was completely obvious to my screeching tires.

You must remember in the Villages stop signs are optional, people driving blue Lincolns, white Buicks, and silver Cadillacs have the right of way and you must stop for them and yield the right of way. Turn signals are not used and turning right from the left lane, turning left from the right lane and stopping in the middle of a round about is perfectly permissible here. I also recently had a man stop in the middle of the round about in front of me, I gave him some audible encouragement to move on. At this time he opened his door and got out and walked back to me and ask me to get out of my car as he was going to punch me for blowing my horn. He said he was lost and did not know which outlet to take. I did not get out of course i told him to take the first exit and get out of the round about. It is a miracle we were not hit and of course he was driving a white Buick.

The answer is you need to be a defensive driver here as a lot of the drivers here do not pay attention to what they are doing.