Thread: Latest Sinkhole
View Single Post

Old 03-05-2018, 04:23 PM
Soaring Parsley
Thanked 2,220 Times in 752 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
In Alaska, Which is worse, to be clawed and bitten by a bear, or gored by a moose?

There are natural dangers to man everywhere and insurance coverage too, unless we are self insured. It is a numbers game, not a scam.. No worries. We just have alligators and sinkholes and terrible lightning here in The Villages and people lined up to live here.
Oh my goodness! Sometimes I read too fast and I thought for sure I had entered another dimension. I thought you wrote “gored by a morse.” And then I thought — who are you and what have you done with Gracie? (Insert charming smile here — a wicked one though it may be.)

About that getting clawed and bitten by a bear thing, well, at least I know that Medicare with a Plan F Supplement can be bought to cover such a possibility — for now.

Earlier in this thread, I wrote that I thought things had swung back to being able to buy additional, though expensive, sinkhole coverage to add to the catastrophic ground collapse in regular coverage. Later though, someone posted that they recently learned differently. Seems like getting to the actual facts of this matter would be an excellent lead for a cubby reporter — perhaps for The Daily Sun.

Risk tolerance varies for each of us, whether it be investing or jumping out of perfectly good airplanes or how much insurance we think we need. Whether we are talking about financial risk, the ability to self-insure, or simply the cost of sleep at night, we are all different.

I am respectful of the genuine concerns and questions of posters here and I hope the answers needed are coming with good solutions. There are those whose risk tolerance means they are perfectly willing to spend the money for the extra coverage and if they find out it truly cannot be bought, then they will think further and decide as individuals what lets them sleep at night.

The Villages has many wonderful things about it. I am certainly not TV bashing. I just wanted to say that I understand and appreciate questioning.

Last edited by Boomer; 03-05-2018 at 04:36 PM. Reason: Typo