View Single Post

Old 03-11-2018, 09:48 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by queasy27 View Post
I enjoy graphs and spreadsheets, so this won't be for everybody, but what I'd do is make a simple flowchart.

First question -- new home or resale. That answer will limit your search and steer you to the next question of importance to you, which might be price range. The following questions could be things like being close (and how close) to grocery stores, a town square, sports and activities such as golf/softball/bowling/sports pool/regional rec center, etc. Easy golf cart accessibility to other parts of The Villages may or may not be of importance. Once you have a list of preferred villages that meet your requirements, you can focus on specific house features such as model, lot, and bond.

If you have a physical map like justjim suggested, you can draw circles around the areas to get a good overview.
MOST of the new homes are in Fenney right now.

We kept copious notes and decided to buy a used Villa when we came as snowbirds. We bought a new designer in Hadley. Enjoyed it thoroughly and built a new home again when we became frogs. I don't think the squares are the draw at all after a year or so, groceries and restaurants and golfcart accessibility is important. Golf courses and nice people are everywhere here.