View Single Post

Old 03-11-2018, 12:33 PM
Sage
Location: Summer at the Jersey Shore, Fall in New England [Maine], Winter in TV!

A couple of frequent complaints I read here are from folks who frustrate over the amount of traffic between their home and where they have to get to, be it groceries, club mtg, medical appt, golf, etc.

Another is that they moved into a neighborhood of apparent pre-retirees who do not live there year round; thus creating a rather empty neighborhood in all but 'the season' months.

And then there are the folks who would not dream of buying in any of the three original Villages because they are adverse to manufactured houses and old people! In fact...those Villages have become 'heritage' villages because of the younger folks inheriting the homes of their parents! The good news, too, is that the developer is gentrifying the area with the purchase and replacement of many of the early houses with brand new site built models. I doubt you can find a larger siized lot anywhere in the Villages! And there is a golf cart bridge over the hiway to get you where you need to go when you don't need the car! Exit any of the three original villages and the hiway is right there without winding thru a bunch of traffic clogged roads. Villages on the other side of the hiway off of Avenida Central, are also convenient to the hiway, shopping, etc.

As far as moving into an established neighborhood if that is where the home of your dreams winds up...have no fear...hand out invitations to a come as you are and bring your own chair intro party and you will be the latest social butterfly of the street!

Here's hpoing you have a fun house hunting experience! (PS folks in the original villages are not likely to file complaints if you choose to adorn your property with any variety of lawn ornaments lolol).