View Single Post

Old 03-11-2018, 08:38 PM
Gold member
Default StoneRise Granite, Ocala

We just had granite installed in the last month. I selected my granite from Ultimate on Rolling Acres. They recommended StoneRise in Ocala as the fabricator.

My granite was beautifully cut, after allowing my input during the layout. It was perfectly installed. And I was thrilled....until I noticed a natural flaw that had slipped by everyone. It was like running my fingernails across a fine tooth comb. It was just in one blob of beautiful pearly gray.

They sent the "counter crew" out to repair and after working for over 3 hrs, it was no better. It was unlike anything they had seen before. Natural striations in the rock that ran the full depth of the slab.

They ended up tearing out that whole run of granite from my dishwasher along my sink to my refrigerator.
They broke my Blanco SilGranite sink in the process.

BUT.....they were here the next day with a beautiful new sink, installed the beautiful new granite, which was perfect, and did not charge me a dime.

I know they lost $ on my job. I had purchased my sink from Wayfair because I could beat their price. So they had to replace the sink that I purchased elsewhere.

I only did my kitchen, but after their great customer service and standing behind their product and workmanship, I plan to do my 3 vanities and an alcove with them.

I was afraid I would have to live with this, as it is a natural defect. But I would have hated it every time I looked at it. James, their customer service guy would not let that happen. I never had to fight or beg for them to replace that run.

Fortunately they are a company with integrity and wanted their customer to be happy. After my experience, I would recommend them to anyone!