View Single Post

Old 03-13-2018, 03:28 PM
Veteran member

Here's my two cents for what its worth. Came down to the Village Area in 2003 to look around. Looked at every community with in a 50 mile radius of Lady Lake. Liked the Villages but could not afford what I wanted. So I purchased a house in Stonecrest in 2004. Still here and have seen lots of changes. One thing to remember, is some day you will need to sell the property. Location, location, location, really does make a difference. Its one of the reasons my house is on the Golf Course. Now will my house appreciate in price as much as the Villages, NO. But it will sell and will appreciate, just not as much. When we first got here all the commotion in the Villages was very exciting, the squares, the festivals, etc, etc. Even all the clubs here in Stonecrest. We were involved in all kinds of things. When you live here year round its different then just coming down for 3 to 4 months. Now 14 years later. Both my wife and I gravitated back to living the way we did before we came here. NO more commotion, no more squares, etc, etc. We have looked at moving but here is what we always come back too, the logistics of the area is hard to beat. Doctors, restaurants, shopping, and everyday needs are either a short drive by car or golf cart. Walmart, Aldis, Lowes, several restaurants, gambling, and shopping are right outside my gate. All accessible by Golf Cart. Remember what may seem important to you today may be different 10 years down the road. I've been spoiled by the area. There is no other like it.